Focaccia is a fine Italian bread, with a texture similar to that of pizza doughs, that is why it is easy for children to like it, especially with children's recipes that incorporate typical Italian flavors, which they will love.
This recipe for olive and oregano focaccia meets all the requirements to be one of the favorites of the house, its preparation is very easy as you will see in this step by step and you can fill it with whatever your children prefer for a snack.
- 500 gr. strength flour
- 10 gr. fresh yeast
- 300 ml. of water
- 75 ml. virgin olive oil
- Green or black olives
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 15 gr. of salt
1. Crumble the yeast over the flour, add the salt and spices and mix well.
2. Incorporate the water little by little, better if it is at a warm temperature. You can also dissolve the fresh yeast in the water and add it in this step.
3. Mix with a wooden spoon to form a dough, it is not necessary to mix too much, just until the dough looks like the photo.
4. Add the oil to the dough and continue mixing carefully. Cover the dough with a plastic wrap and let it rest for half an hour in a warm place.
5. Pour a little flour on the table, remove the dough and knead it for a few minutes, until it is smooth and manageable. Put it in a bowl greased with oil, cover with plastic wrap and let it rise for an hour in a warm place.
6. Put the dough in an ovenproof mold greased with oil, distribute the dough well, pour a drizzle of oil on top and let it rest for half an hour. Cut the olives in half and place them on the bread.
7. Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Bake the focaccia for about half an hour, until the top is golden brown. Remove and unmold.
Recipe made by Teresa Guerra. Recipe adapted from 'Fried Webos'
You can read more articles similar to Focaccia with olives and oregano, Italian flavor, in the category of Bread and Pizzas on site.