In the first trimester of pregnancy, a pregnancy test gives us the good news, the first symptoms of pregnancy begin and with them doubts and concerns, as well as excitement and joy.
Pregnancy is divided into three trimestersThe first is the most delicate of all, so we must strive to acquire healthy lifestyle habits to ensure the proper development of the baby.
It is the first 16 weeks of pregnancy and, although it is hard to believe that a baby grows inside the womb since the belly is still not noticeable, it is a period of many changes.
- Amenorrhea: It is the first symptom of pregnancy, it is the absence of a period that will last throughout the entire pregnancy.
- Sore breasts: they can increase in size and cause some tension. Also, the areola darkens and the breast begins to prepare for breastfeeding.
- Dizziness and nausea: Many pregnant women experience bouts of vomiting and dizziness during the first few months. There is nothing that eliminates them radically but they can be reduced by eating small amounts of food regularly. It is recommended to eat 5 times a day.
- Fatigue: The pregnant woman's body works at full capacity to house the baby and this can make her feel more fatigued. It is convenient to rest as much as possible and take a nap.
- Stained: the implantation of the embryo in the uterus can cause some light bleeding, if it is abundant it is advisable to go to the emergency room.
- Humor changes: The hormonal dance to which the pregnant woman is subjected causes her to go through moments of irritability, and others of joy, followed by wanting to cry.
From the beginning it is essential to eat a healthy and balanced diet to avoid risks and ensure that the baby develops properly. It is advisable for the pregnant woman to follow the nutritional pyramid in which sugars, pastries or sweets must be restricted and, however, it must ensure a sufficient supply of vegetables and fruits.
The food hygiene should be essential, as well as avoiding raw products such as sushi, cold cuts or patés, especially if the toxoplasmosis test was negative.
Also, the gynecologist will likely prescribe a iodine and folic acid supplement important for the baby's development. Of course, we must banish alcohol, tobacco and drugs in the day to day of the pregnant woman.
- It is convenient to practice moderate sport. Walk it becomes a perfect activity, being the ideal to walk 30 minutes a day.
- In these months it may not yet be necessary to wear pregnant clothes, although it is advisable to wear loose clothing that does not oppress.
- Use hydrating creams It is essential to avoid stretch marks on the chest, abdomen and legs.
You can read more articles similar to The first months of pregnancy, in the category of Stages of pregnancy on site.