Mousse is a very grateful dessert, loved by young and old for its mild flavor. It is also an opportunity to introduce fruits into the children's diet, as with this cherry mousse with cream.
It is a quick and easy recipe for children to prepare. Another advantage is that we can leave it done the night before, so we plan the children's menu in advance, taking advantage of the nutrients in strawberries with other foods.
- 800 gr. cherries
- 150 gr. icing sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 350 ml. whipping cream (35% fat gr.)
- 1 lemon
Tips: Reserve some cherries to decorate and create a contrast between the mousse and the pieces of fruit.
1. Wash the cherries, pit them and chop them. Reserve some for decoration. Pass them through the food processor or blender, add a splash of lemon juice and reserve.
2. Whip the cream (keep it in the refrigerator until you are ready to whip, it will be easier this way) with a whisk.
3. In another bowl, whip the egg whites with a pinch of salt. When it starts to froth add the sugar little by little until you get a firm meringue.
4. Mix the meringue with the whipped cream with enveloping movements. Add the cherry puree little by little and mix carefully so that it does not get too low.
5. Add the cherry pieces, mix and keep in the refrigerator until serving time.
Here are other recipes with cherries for children.
You can read more articles similar to Cherry mousse with cream, dessert for children, in the category of Mousses - creams on site.